quote

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Plutarch

Friday, July 4, 2014

a box of Crayola Crayons-- Its for my rainy days..

Hello Friends...

Poured a cup of hot sepia coffee in a wisteria flowered mug, dandelion sunshine spilling through the periwinkle sky. ~Terri Guillemets


Yesterday, I received my first ever --a box of Crayola Crayons--... yes... you read it right,... my first ever Crayola Crayons.. and I am going to be 34 years old in August this year... :)

I read a lot about these crayons lately and was very interested to buy atleast a set for my own rainy days...

It all started when I was just a kid.. I used to notice these yellow green crayon boxes in English movies or in TV dramas or picture books and couldn't avoid to notice it's intense and vibrant colors... and wanted all of them for me.. Badly... :(

it was my childhood dream to own a box of crayons.. in India, these Crayola crayons are new... our new generations are lucky to have them in their schoolbags, along with other famous brands...we were not so lucky then,,, we never had.. all what we got was very weak substitutes of these crayons.. those were made of lots of wax and less colors..

yesterday, I was as excited as a 5 years old would have been.. I got it through Amazon.in... they are  also new in India and quickly learning the trick to capture Indian market.. but they have local challenges.. their delivery was fine.. packet came totally intact..


courtesy: Amazon.in 

I smelled the wax.. yummm yummm.... and the first thing I did, was to swatch those beautiful happy colors on my sketchbook... heehee.. I made a list of 64 colors that I received in the box...




I loved the names... tumble weed, wild strawberry, purple mountain majesty, Granny smith apple, Robin egg's blue, asparagus and soo on... :D

yes, I know it looks childish.. but I thought it would be helpful for those, who wish to buy this big box of Crayola crayons.. and wonders what all colors they will find inside,,, this blog is of course not for them, who loves surprises..

I am going to use these colors to uplift my moods. whenever I feel lonely or sad..


No comments:

Post a Comment