quote

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Plutarch

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

its fun to sketch people secretly...

Hello

last week, we had a trip to local diagnostic centre for a routine check up.. 

before I hooked up with this journaling idea.. we used to visit such  places without much happy mood actually.. a trip to doctor's place is never a fun.. you should agree with me...reading old magazines.. staring at TV, cautiously observing at other people and their activities.. scent of medicines and sickness... all those things made the trip most unwelcome one...

but now I carry my small notebook with water brush pen and water soluble crayons and believe me friends .... I feel more relaxed.. even if I have to spend more than hours waiting for my turn to meet the doctor..

My new found interest make me more content..as I find it thrilling to sketch unknown people in public places.. without letting them know that they are being captured in my notebook forever... heeehheeeee...



 
I saw this aged gentleman in traditional Indian cloth (Dhoti and Kurta) was waiting outside the ultrasound department.. he was dozing off on a nearby chair...while I was sketching him.. as soon as I finished the sketching.. he left to meet his doctor.. I was lucky indeed to finish the  sketch just on time..




in another section of the same centre... It was world cup time ..... so that's how people spend their waiting time in diagnostic centres... I am no big football fan.. but sketching people watching football.. and that too while waiting for doctor's appointment was real fun to capture... couldn't resist....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment