quote

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Plutarch

Monday, June 30, 2014

Working with watercolor crayons on A5 160 gsm Sketchpad = happy feelings

Hi friends,

well... what could be the best way to simplify a long blog into an one-liner....

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. ~RuPaul
 
that what I was doing for couple of days.. and its really addictive.. lots of colors... I am soo obsessed..

Last week I bought, a A5 sketchpad with 160 gsm paper weight.. as you can see, it looks quite hardy and sophisticated.

A5 Sketch pad- 160 gsm- good for watercolour crayons and light wash.

I am little shy to display my whole watercolour box set in public. I got wary, under curious unfamiliar eyes, so I decided, will be carrying watercolour crayons instead.

It is more peaceful to work without much public curious attentions. crayons are very easy to carry secretly in a pouch.. I also carry  koi water brush pen for light wash and 0.2 waterproof fine liner.

Mungyo watercolour crayons
 

36 crayon box














can you see all happy colours, and believe me they are really vibrant. its a Korean brand. I ordered it through snapdeals.com..

I was little apprehensive about, how the A5 160 gsm sketchbook pages will respond to these highly pigmented crayons.. but it turned out to be quite satisfactory..

I started decorating my sketchpad with some happy drawings...


address page

 yes.. that's how my cover page is looking like...


paper strength testing-- for watercolour crayons
next two pages, were for colors and paper strength testing... which was good.. light crayon swatches.. that's all you need.. otherwise you may get little pigmented stains at the back of your pages....
 
i keep my crayons in this small box...
 
This is a recycled souvenir-box-turned-into-essential-travel-art-case, now it contains 2 ml water brush pens, 1 fine liner, small water container and crayons..
it s a magic box actually, that helps me to be invisible in public...
 
I am loving this new meduim.. even planning to buy some Crayola crayons... 64 colors.... <3.. don't know if there is any cure for such color hunger... heehehee
 
Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment. ~Claude Monet
till i come back... have a colourful day... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment