quote

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Plutarch

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

about my new hobby- Watercolor journalling

Few months, back while I was surfing through couple of websites and even checking out some You-Tube video tutorials.. I came across a very interesting arena  to express my daily observations, likings and amusements through paintings and sketches.

Mediums were many, though I liked the watercolour based loose sketches the most.

artists define these in different names and phases like urban sketching, art journaling, travel journaling, daily sketching, ... and soo on... and there are different methods too .. starting from more serious watercolour painting to loose ink and wash sketches.. from Plain Air acrylic to mixed media and image montages.. I liked the least detailed one of course.. Hee heee -- that's Ink and wash techniques.

 here are some sketches which I did..



Our reading place





Afternoon Nap



Urban Network






















a piece of Sunshine







Loose ink and wash was my choice of expression on paper, nothing serious, just water-soluble ink sketches and light washes.. I felt soo happy after finishing a couple of sketches like that.. now I am working on how to build up the proper story lines to make it more journal kind of thing.








writing creative is another challenge for me... no very good with words and my grammar is ------... though..  but it is very relaxing and rejuvenating. loved it... and will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment